Tim Harrison Sound Design for Film
Sound Design for Film offers an in-depth study of one of cinema’s most powerful storytelling tools, exploring the creative landscape and proposing a variety of contemporary approaches to audio design. Opening up a hidden world of narrative techniques, experienced designer Tim Harrison provides key insights into how sound works on audiences to guide them through stories.
Topics covered include:
- the creative process from script to delivery
- visualizing your design ideas
- developing characters and settings
- using motif and metaphor.
- recording foley and sound effects
- editing and manipulating audio
- the final mix
Serving as a tool for creative reflection and development, this unique book offers invaluable approaches for enhancing your storytelling skills, wherever you are on your filmmaking journey.