Samples From Mars Kawaii Dreams From Mars MULTIFORMAT
15 Dreamy Patches from Our Favorite Kawaii Keyboards
After a recent deep dive into early rave records, I went down a rabbit hole to find out what synths were responsible for the sounds that made the music so special. So we grabbed a handful of vintage Kawaii synths and fell in love with the K3 (1986), K1 (1988), and GB-2 A.K.A. Session Trainer (1991).
These wavetable synths have an inherent harmonic distortion from the era’s conversion technology that give them a ton of character not possible from analog oscillators (and not captured on the recent plugins that have surfaced). So we sampled a mix of era-defining preset patches and custom patches. These sounds are cinematic, nostalgic, and orchestral… but above all, dreamy!
- 15 multi-sampled patches organized into 4 categories
- Samples from the Kawaii K1M, K3 and GB-2 Session Trainer
- Iconic Kawaii sounds like Return Home and Hello !!
- Voices, Keys, Pads and Organs
- Custom programmed K3 patches with Analog Filter modulations
- Slow sweeps, warm strings, random LFOs, punchy plucks, and 2 custom programmed organ patches
- 928 24 bit WAV samples
- WAVs are trimmed, looped, named by note, and mapped to various samplers
- WAVs feature mapping and looping metadata, for easy drag n drop into unsupported samplers
- Recorded cleanly through an API 1608 console to Apogee Symphony Conversion
- Modwheel parameters and FX routing on all software instruments
- Any 24 bit WAV Compatible DAW or Sampler
- Ableton Live 9.7+ (Not Intro)
- Kontakt 5.6.5+ (Not Kontakt Player)
- Logic 9+
- Reason 8+
- FL Studio 20.8+
- SFZ Player (Free, cross-platform solution for any DAW)