Reason: Music Production & Sound Synthesis TUTORIAL
This class is a crash course in Music Production and Sound Synthesis using Reason software. The class is intended to be accessible for anyone who has opened Reason for the first time and is ready to learn how to navigate around and make informed decisions as they build their song.
Parts 1-4 cover the GUI and the main instruments including synths samplers and drum machines.
In the coming lessons we will look at the different types of effects (signal processing) and begin to mix our jam into a final product using the different mixing and mastering utilities available.
13 Lessons (3h 48m)
- 1. Introduction to Music Production and Sound Synthesis
- 2. Lesson 1a. The Rack Window
- 3. Lesson 1b. The Sequence Window
- 4. Lesson 1c. The Mix Window
- 5. Lesson 2a. Oscillators
- 6. Lesson 2b. Envelopes
- 7. Lesson 2c. Filters
- 8. Lesson 2d. LFOs and Mods
- 9. Lesson 2e. Shapers
- 10. Lesson 2f. Mod Matrixes
- 11. Lesson 2g. Voice Modes and Global Parameters
- 12. Lesson 3. Samplers
- 13. Lesson 4. Drum Machines