Pulsar Audio 1178 V1.0.9
A compressor that eats transients for breakfast. The 1178 is a rare and expensive legend of the recording studio, cleaner and more versatile than its older brother, the 1176.
The 1178 has been used by great producers including Chris Lord-Alge (My Chemical Romance), Bob Clearmountain (Rolling Stones, Christina Aguilera), Yvan Bing (Phil Collins) and Nigel Godrich (Radiohead).
Pulsar’s software meticulously recreates the original hardware in its tonal color and compression character. But, they’ve also taken the Pulsar 1178 further, adding all the features you would expect from a modern, versatile tool.
- A full sidechain EQ
- Four types of saturation for even more distinctive tone
- Comprehensive digital metering to precisely control your dynamics
- Mid Side Processing
- Look-ahead and look behind options
- Presets from world-class sound engineers
- External side-chaining
- Smart and resizable graphic interface
- Up to 8X oversampling
- Windows: Windows 7 with SP1 64 bit or above