Profanity Instruments Concert Grand KONTAKT
Steinway Model-D grand piano
The Concert Grand is a multi-sampled reproduction of a Steinway Model-D grand piano. It has a rich and warm tone, and a wide playable dynamic range that relates every nuance of the performance to its audience in a natural environment.
The character of any piano is intrinsically linked to the venue where it is played, and this instrument was designed to capture the sound of that real performance in a real space – while keeping it versatile enough to use in any style of music.
The UI has been designed to give you quick access to fundamental mixing features, as well as a variety of carefully crafted tone shaping enhancements – allowing the character of the instrument to be easily tailored to your production.
Please Note: The full version of Kontakt 5.5.2 or above is required to load this instrument. It will only work in Demo Mode in Kontakt Player. Please ensure you have the correct version of Kontakt before ordering.
- 5 dynamic layers
- 4 stereo microphone positions
- Built-in IR reverb
- Specially designed scripts for tone shaping controls
- Hammers: A pair of SM57 dynamic mics directly over the hammers produce a hard attack from the players perspective
- Close: A pair of Neumann TLM103 condensers spaced out over the strings to capture the full body and clarity of the soundboard and strings
- Distant: An AEA R-88 stereo ribbon mic brings a warm and gentle character from a few feet away
- Ambient: A pair of AKG C414 omnidirectional condenser mics spaced far out in the venue to pick up the natural reflections in this beautiful auditorium