Inphonik RYM2612 Iconic FM Synthesizer v1.0.5 VST AU AAX [WIN & MACOSX]
RYM2612 is a software FM synthesizer in VST, Audio Unit, AAX and Rack Extension formats. It’s an emulation of the Yamaha YM2612 sound chip, best known for being the vibrant voice of the Sega Genesis/Megadrive videogame console. More than a simple sound-alike, the emulation is cycle-accurate to the original chip, that allows reproducing every unique possibility of the synth. On top of this, the amp circuitry of the console has been reproduced too, in order to obtain the same grain you’d get if you plugged the real hardware into your DAW.
- Cycle-accurate emulation of the YM2612 FM soundchip
- Genuinely reproduces the unique and characteristic sound of its hardware counterpart (digital saturation, huge feedback amount, natural distortion, …)
- Audio input for adding 8-bit PCM sweetness to any signal
- Low CPU usage
- Switchable output filtering and ladder effect
- A couple of limitations from the soundchip have been taken away : up to 16 voices of polyphony, dedicated PCM channel (you can of course stick to 6 simultaneous voices if you want to experience the real thing)
- 100+ various, sorted, evocative patches to start with
The 16-bit legacy
Not many people were aware of this, but unlike other videogame consoles, the Sega Genesis/Megadrive had a complete FM synth onboard. The Yamaha YM2612 provided enough features to produce complex, evolving tones, as well as crazy sound effects and PCM samples playback. This is your chance to get your hands on this altered beast, combined with the rich control and modulation possibilities offered by your modern DAW.
Insert extra patches
Meet RYMCast, the perfect companion app for RYM2612. It’s a Genesis music files player that has the special ability to let you mute/solo each channel of your favorite soundtracks and to drag & drop the sounds directly to an RYM2612 instance. Also, RYMCast is free and runs on Windows, macOS and GNU Linux.