Fluid Strike: Tuned Percussion KONTAKT
Fluid Strike is an instrument designed to create richly layered melodic percussive patterns with ease.
Why tuned percussion? Because the instruments are timeless.
Wood, steel, stone, bamboo, glass and gourds combine to make a sound that is elemental. A sound that can harken to both the past and the future.
With a slew of effects, sound shaping tools and autoplay rhythmic and melodic features at your fingertips, Fluid Strike allows tuned percussion to sound completely unique.
► The Instruments
WE’VE GONE THE EXTRA MILE We didn’t stop at sampling each instrument just once.
Where possible, each instrument has been recorded using a variety of sticks, mallets, fingers, brushes and bows.
For example, the vibraphone is offered played with soft mallets open and muted, rubber mallets open and muted and bowed! Choose what you need.
Between the 30 instruments recorded for Fluid Strike, there are 63 different sample sets!
You can find a complete list below the instrument images.
Disclosure: The mbiras, tingkliks and the Brazilian tongue drum were previously featured in products by Nine Volt Audio. However, they have been re-mastered and re-mapped for Fluid Strike.
The idea had been rattling in our heads for a while. Years actually.
What if we could create an instrument that allowed the user to:
- Select three sound sources to layer together
- Arpeggiate the three sound sources with independent patterns, rates and playback modes
- Shape and effect the three sound sources independent of one another
- Select any effect directly from the interface (and swap their positions on the fly)
- Humanize the three sound sources independent of one another
With nearly six months of development, we did it! We look forward to putting it in your hands.
- 30 tuned percussive instruments
- 120 custom made synth sets
- Where possible, each instructent has been encoded usinq a variety of sticks, mallets, fingers, brushes and bows, bringing the tuned percussion sample set count to 63
- Most instructions feature many velocity layers and triple round robin cycling for natural variation
- To improve playability all instructions have been stretched across the entire keyboard range
200 patches split into seven categories:
- Triple Play Arps – Natural (36)
- Triple Play Arps – Hybrid (36)
- Rhythmic Pulses w Mod Wheel (24)
- Solo (24)
- Pads (24)
- Ambient (32)
- Sequences (24)
- 71 custom reverb impulse responses
- 12 custom amp cabinet impulse responses
- 64 custom fx unit presets
Triple Play rhythm grids can modify up to 15 parameters simultaneously (arp, pitch, filter cutoff, volume and pan x 3)
The Triple Play engine supports up to 22 user-selected Kontakt effects at once, plus an additoinal three filters, three send delays and three send reverbs, for a total of 31 (!) simultaneous effects.
Fluid Strike runs in Kontakt or the free Kontakt Player 5.6.8 or higher (requires a minimum of Windows 7 or Mac OS 10.10).