Audio Metering: Measurements, Standards & Practice, 3rd Edition
In this comprehensive guide, Brixen takes the reader through the complex and confusing aspects of audio metering, imparting the knowledge and skills needed to utilize optional signal levels and produce high-quality audio.
Covering all aspects of this fundamental subject, Audio Metering: Measurements, Standards and Practice begins with the basics, such as audio definitions and digital techniques, and works up to more complex topics like hearing and psychoacoustics.
This revised and expanded third edition includes:
- Updated information on loudness metering, covering both existing and new standards.
- Definitions of terms such as LKFS, LUFS, gating, LRA.
- Explanations of signal types and musical sounds and structures.Further details on immersive audio.
- Skills needed for both small-room acoustics and large auditorium sound design without loss of sound quality.
- Descriptions of measurement signals and systems for audio and acoustic sound.
- A chapter on listening tests from small set-ups to large-scale comparisons of PA/SR-systems.
Packed full of valuable information with a wide range of practical applications, this is the essential reference guide to audio metering for technicians, engineers, and tonmeisters, as well as sound designers working with acoustics, electroacoustics, broadcast, studio recording, sound art, archiving, audio forensics, and theatrical and live-audio setups.